Saturday, June 15, 2024

Fire ravages store room at Victoria House


The San Pedro Fire department received a call of a fire in progress at 12:45pm on Friday, October 17th and were immediately deployed to the scene. Upon arrival, fire officials saw a warehouse/storeroom on fire. Volunteers on the scene formed bucket brigades to control the fire from spreading. The structure and its contents were completely destroyed, but fire officials were able to extinguish the blaze. It is not confirmed but officials claim the fire was caused by an electrical fault. Victoria House is closed for the slow season, but will re-open by Thursday of next week!
We’ll have more on this story in Thursday’s edition of The San Pedro Sun! Stay tuned…

workers/volunteers lend a helping hand.

the cause of the fire was believed to be an electrical fault.

the structure and its contents were totalled.

Read more


Please help support Local Journalism in Belize

For the first time in the history of the island's community newspaper, The San Pedro Sun is appealing to their thousands of readers to help support the paper during the COVID-19 pandemic. Since 1991 we have tirelessly provided vital local and national news. Now, more than ever, our community depends on us for trustworthy reporting, but our hard work comes with a cost. We need your support to keep delivering the news you rely on each and every day. Every reader contribution, however big or small, is so valuable. Please support us by making a contribution.

Local News