Monday, June 17, 2024

Fire devastates home of 7 families

Share

In an unfortunate tale, seven families were left without a home on Saturday night as their home, a three storey building was burned to the ground. Proprietor of the house, Secundino Gonzalez told The Sun that the fire broke out from the middle apartment on the second floor. The tenants claim they turned on their stove and an apparent gas leak ignited the blaze. Fire personnel responded swiftly but the fire spread rapidly engulfing everything on its way. More on this story in Thursday’s Edition of The San Pedro Sun Newspaper.



Owner, Secundino Gonzalez

Read more

 

Please help support Local Journalism in Belize

For the first time in the history of the island's community newspaper, The San Pedro Sun is appealing to their thousands of readers to help support the paper during the COVID-19 pandemic. Since 1991 we have tirelessly provided vital local and national news. Now, more than ever, our community depends on us for trustworthy reporting, but our hard work comes with a cost. We need your support to keep delivering the news you rely on each and every day. Every reader contribution, however big or small, is so valuable. Please support us by making a contribution.

Local News